Friday, February 02, 2007

Arming Doublet Mishap

I mentioned below that I had received a beautiful blue gambeson or arming doublet from Revival Clothing, but that it was too small. Yesterday, I spoke to the nice lady at Revival about exchanging the item for a medium. Unfortunately, they may not have the blue medium for many weeks, perhaps as long as late summer. This is dismaying news. Red or natural are available, but... it must be blue.

So I am sending it back, and will wait patiently. In the meantime, because my old arming doublet is in sad shape, I will have to make a new one. What the heck, maybe I'll make it out of some absurd and costly fabric and hope it holds up until the blue one comes. The problem is, I can't sew a lick and Melisande has tendonitis. So we will see if I can make it while she supervises.

No comments: