Thursday, February 01, 2007

More Arts

Wow! The second session of the Stormvale Artisan's Guild drew 17 attendees! I gather there was a great deal of sawdust as Geirmundr led everyone in making medieval boxes and chests.

I had a panel discussion on regional cooperation to attend. I was going to blow it off, as originally I was supposed to give a talk on medieval tableware before the box session, but one of my colleagues reminded me that some of my suggestions and interests guided the selection of topics and speakers, and I felt I ought to attend. (In my non-SCA life, I am, among other things, a fiend for land use topics and New Urbanism.) It went very well.

So, I'll give the feast gear talk next time, and I'll have to start on my chest project before our next meeting, too.

No comments: